Monday, December 12, 2011

Which schools in the Montreal area have high academic standards (preferably public schools)?

I'm going into secondary 3 next year, and I find my current school isn't challenging me academically. I have the highest overall average in my school and I'm not even pushing myself or working very hard. I'd like to transfer to a different school in the Montreal region that is more challenging academically. My parents might be willing to pay for private school, but they'd prefer that I went to a public one. Any suggestions?|||The Fraser Institute publishes a Report Card on Quebec's Secondary Schools every year. It ranks academically (using their own criteria) the top public and private schools in the province and in Montreal (francophone and anglophone). Although I would not base a decision solely on these rankings, it might provide a starting point for schools to look at. I would call each school and visit them to make sure the teachers and the school culture are a great fit for you. You may also want to look for schools that offer the International Baccalaureate, since they are often very academically challenging and are often available at specialized public and private schools.





I would concentrate on finding the right school that motivates and challenges you. The best school for you may be a public one, but it may also be a private one. There are many independent and private schools in Montreal and there will be a Private School Expo at the Hilton Montreal Bonaventure in downtown Montreal on September 19, 2010.





Good luck in finding the right school!

No comments:

Post a Comment