Monday, December 12, 2011

Where can a 3.9 GPA from a tier 3 school take me if I want to transfer?

I attend a tier 3 university to save the burden on my parents for the first two years, currently I am on a scholarship where I do not have to pay tuition or anything much. I have a 3.9 GPA at Armstrong Atlantic State University in Savannah, Georgia.





I am currently a sophomore here and I want to transfer to a better school for my final two years, do not preach to me about how much the money will be because my parents will be paying for my final two years of college. I want to compete on a higher level, SAT score was a 2290 in high school when I took it and my high school GPA was a 3.6 when I graduated and a 3.2 when I was applying for colleges (went to an academically challenging high school and faced a lot of adversity in life).





My parents are moving to the Northeast this summer vacation (talked to them recently). I am glad that they are because I want to go back up there, I love the northern lifestyle and the south is just not for me. I want to go back up North and spend my final two college years, grad school years and the rest of my years up there. It feels good to be finally going back up there, I was forced to stay down south for my high school years and life wasn't so good down here, but anyways I want advice.





Can you guys name me some colleges I should look to as a transfer student?





Name me 2 reaches, 3 matches and 2 safeties if you can. I am looking for universities in the northeast region specifically.|||reach - columbia/upenn/amherst/other top LACs, match - georgetown/rutgers/nyu, safeties - SUNY schools, umass





i forget what your prospective major will be, but depending on what it is, cornell could either be a match or reach for you.|||Did u take aps or honors in highschool|||I wish you had gone to a community college, instead of a Tier 3 4-year college, because transferring would be easier, and you would be eligible for better schools. However, if you are able to pay for a private university, you should be able to get in somewhere, given your GPA.





You haven't given us enough information about what you want in a school for us to be able to give you any good ideas - there are hundreds upon hundreds of schools in the Northeast. You might want to use the College Finder at www.collegeboard.com to get some ideas. That way you can put in your interests and preferences, to get a short list of schools which may be appropriate for you.

No comments:

Post a Comment