Thursday, December 8, 2011

Transfer from UCSD to Berkeley or LA?

I am going to be a second-year at UCSD.


I am a political science major, and am interested in transferring to UCLA or berkeley.


I understand that UC-to-UC transfers are given low-priority, and political


science is an extremely competitive major. However, when comparing myself on the UCLA website to other transfers either from UCSD or from my major, I find myself in either the average or above average categories. Should I be optimistic about getting admitted?





Also, I am going to be in Germany this fall for a Study Abroad program, so I cannot add to any of the classes that are on my transcript. Will studying abroad be beneficial to me in terms of getting admitted?





In addition, because I am studying abroad in the fall, when I apply I will


only be giving my word that I will be taking political science courses in


the winter and spring. My freshman year, I only took two in addition to


getting a 5 on the AP gov. test in high school. Since when I apply, there will only be those two courses, will it make me appear as a weaker candidate?





Berkeley doesn't really give much info about it's transfer students, it just says that they have a gpa between 3.71-3.76. My GPA doesn't fall into this region, but is there anything I can do to make myself a more attractive candidate for the University?





Here are some statistics about me:


3.65 gpa


Admitted into the Honors Program; taken 3 honors seminars


Member of the Student Council


Member of a fraternity


Have completed all my GEs


Have not completed all lower div. political science courses, but will by


spring quarter.|||Since you are in the average and above average categories you probably will be admitted to UCSD.





Berkeley is another matter due to the dearth of information. It is up in the air particularly due to your GPA. Studying abroad is a plus for you./

No comments:

Post a Comment