Monday, December 12, 2011

If I attend a regionally accredited college, will I be able to continue my education or get a job elsewhere?

I'm attending a college accredited by the NCA, one of the six American accreditation organizations recognized by the United States Department of Education and the Council for Higher Education Accreditation. Most of the central US falls within its jurisdiction.





My wife and I have been discussing moving to the coast once I graduate in May with my Associate's, but I'm embarrassed to say that I'm not sure how this regional accreditation thing actually works. Will any business take my degree seriously? Will any nationally accredited university outside of the NCA's region let me transfer my credits?|||Regional accreditation is BETTER than national - while regional accreditation will transfer anywhere, national usually will not. You'll be fine, much better than if you had a nationally accredited diploma (so don't go somewhere that's only nationally accredited for your bachelors).|||two different things to deal with;





an AA college degree is valuable in and for employment only


for nursing. IT is a stepping stone for all other degree required


jobs.





if you wish to attend any non-military college, you need ONLY


60 college units to start out as an upper division student


and while you may be required to re-take some classes,


you can challenge those.





Hope this helps

No comments:

Post a Comment