Monday, December 12, 2011

Which is the best way to know about culture of a particular region?

Well, I've been transferred from Qatar to Pakistan. I'm new in this region, and I don't know much about the culture here. The people are interesting, and I believe that I can learn a lot while living here, but the problem is culture-barrier. I want to know about the culture here. So which is the best way to study culture of a particular region? Should books be used, or is it just experience that can teach better?|||I'm from Belgium and went for the first time in my life to Croatia for a week with a friend. We knew a person over there that speaks our language but he lives already 10 years there. He taught us a lot about the culture and the differences between our own culture and the people. I think the best way to learn about it, is through the people, through experience. It's also good to do some research before moving there (books) as a background, but I think the information you get from the people who actually live there has a bigger value.





Good luck! ;-)

No comments:

Post a Comment