Thursday, December 8, 2011

I'm 24, thinking about getting back into Pokemon?

I first started playing Pokemon at the age of 13 when it first came out. I grew tired of it around Gold and Silver because the game got frustrating with all the breeding, having the pokemon "like you" to evolve, evoling it at night, so I got sick of it and quit. Anyways, I'm thinking about getting back into it because I've thought about trying to catch every Pokemon the "legit way" without using hacks because hacks made the game not fun.





Anyways, I've got a few questions.





#1 I have a GameBoy SP and Nintendo DS. In order to trade some of the Pokemon, will I need to buy a wireless adapter for any of the systems? I'm going to have to trade Pokemon in order to get ones like Alakazam and Poliwrath.





#2 Is there any way to get Mew, Celebi, Deoxys, and the Super Rare Pokemon in D/P/PLT without using any hacks? I heard there was a way to get Legit Mew in Yellow, but Pokemon from R/B/Y aren't transferable to FR/LG/E/R/S/D/P/PLT. I've also had people tell me that you can't get Celebi or Deoxys anymore because the Nintendo Events back in the day was the only way to get them, and then I've had people tell me you can get them by transferring them from the console games that you play on the TV.





#3 Is it possible to catch every single Pokemon on D/P/PLT? I heard Nintendo was doing a re-make on Gold and Silver, so I was wondering how Johto region Pokemon would transfer over. I know that Kanto and Hoenn can transfer.





4. Is there any other stuff I should know about since I am a retired Pokemon veteran and am going back into it? Has Nintendo made breeding, likeness, trading, etc. more easier? I heard D/P/PLT has a "migrate" option, which sounds cool because I won't have to to sit around for hours trading between Gameboys.





Thanks.|||1) If you decide to buy any of the Gameboy SP games, you will either need a wired trading cable, or an attachable wireless trading device. Ruby and Sapphire do not work with the wireless adapter however.





#2) There have been many events since Gold and Silver, but the only events that will be released for D/P/PLT are for new Pokemon from that region (Darkrai, Shaymin, and Arceus) Some of them will be available on Platinum over WiFi for downloading some time this year. There was a Gamestop event for Deoxys on D/P, but it's long over.





#3) You can migrate from any of the Gameboy SP games and get those pokemon, and since all Johto Pokemon are available in FireRed and LeafGreen, you can get all of them that way. Anyway, most Pokemon are available in D/P/PLT after the elite four. And I assume you will be able to trade from D/P/PLT to the Gold and Silver remakes.





#4) The migrating feature (after the Elite Four) will allow you to send six pokemon at a time from you GBA games into D/P/PLT. You then go into an area and re-catch your pokemon. Don't worry, they don't attack and you're given special balls that automatically catch your pokemon. You're pokemon will keep all of their stats, the ball that you caught them in, and if they were shiny they will remain shiny. But you can only do this transfer once every 24 hours per game cartridge. So plan you're mass migrating wisely!





It's great that you're getting back into the series, because they're a really great RPG as you probably know. Good Luck!|||you should go back to pokemon its still the best game when you get bored|||my 24 year old friend r awesome ure like the only guy tht likes pokEmon|||I support you! Pokemon is amazing and will always be amazing. I'm 19 and yes, I took the pokemon yellow original to college and people looked at me like I was crazy. Then they confessed that they also thought it was awesome. Bulbasuar ftw|||start playing it if you like it only!|||YES pokemon equal awesome sauce don't listen to the jerks who call you immature|||There is a thing called action replay for DS... it is a hack... but u can get it on bestbuy.com for around $25.00. you can get codes online that u type in on the action replay... then you do what the people say when they wrote the code... follow what it says... and u can get rares... shiny pokemon and stuff like that. i used it when i was younger and had a lot of fun.|||dude, theres nothing wrong with doing that! i think yah totally should! cuz i think its rlly cool when audults do something like a kid again. ok, not parents or anything lol. but yah go on ahead :)|||1 - Game Boy. Yes, or link cable. DS - No. Wifi or union room is the way to go. And Politoad, is the one you have to trade for. Poliwrath needs a water stone.





#2- Yes. Just go on serebii where they have a 100% guarentee it is legit but when trading, it doesn't hurt to look at stats





#3 - Well, you can't really "catch" some evolved forms. Basically you have to trade and/or evolve.





#4 - The Pokemon TV Shows stink. Migrate is very cool.


Breeding is very easier, likeness is quite the same, trading is very easy if you have a close friend or wifi|||Pokemon isnt that great|||WOW someone needs a LIFE

No comments:

Post a Comment