Thursday, December 15, 2011

Stationed in Germany and pregnant is it possible to go back to the states to give birth?

I know the option is given to pregnant female soldiers but I am the spouse my husband is active duty I do not want to be EROD home which I know that is an option I just want to be able to go home to give birth then be able to come back to Germany which the tricare website stated "when a sponsor deploys if returning to the U.S. for more than 60 days, you should transfer your enrollment to appropriate stateside region" Now this leaves me thinking will they try to take away my housing and COLA for here in Germany The reason I want to go home is because I have a 2 1/2 year old and Im pregnant my husband will be deployed when I have the baby there would be no way he is able to make it for the birth which I dont mind but while I give birth there is no one to provide care for my daughter and I dont trust anyone here in Germany with my daughter I know they have things called Family Care Plans which are mainly for single solider parents or both military parents but wouldnt this kinda fall under that category? I am very confused and I know I need to talk with tricare and my husbands commander to get further information but I am just trying to get as much information as I can before I start making request





Thanks in advance for your help|||no. if you leave( assuming your doctor lets you leave and that any doctor stateside would even be willing to take you as a new paitient) you will forfeit Command sponsorship after 30 days.





at that point you lose COLA, he loses base housing if applicable, (or OHA) and you will not be p[emritted to return.|||Yes, your husband will be allowed to come back home though it will take up time as personal vacation.|||I'd talk to your doctor. Probably travel back to the State at YOUR expense...and the return at your expense. You don't have any friends you can trust? That's PATHETIC! I thought military wives stuck together. When my wife was laid up and I was at sea (we were stationed in Sardinia, an island north of Sicily and west of Italy), my division officer's wife took care of things at my house, as well as 4 other Navy enlisted wives. And we didn't even ASK anyone. They all VOLUNTEERED. Guess the Army wives are a lot different than Navy wives. Unlike the Army, WE take care of our own.

No comments:

Post a Comment