Monday, December 12, 2011

Average high school student, 4.0 after first year of college, would you recommend the transfer route?

So basically the kid I am talking about finished high school with a 3.3 GPA, ranked 20th in a class of 87 students. Currently he is in the honors program at his university, he has a 4.0 GPA and he is about to start his second year of college. The school he goes to is a tier 4 university and he wants to transfer to a better school in another state for his final two years.





Is it possible for him to go from a tier 4 university in Georgia to a tier 1 university in another region (out of the southeast)?





He is applying anyways to at least 10 schools as a transfer, all 10 are tier 1, do you think he has a chance at any of them? What can he do to improve his chances?|||This kid has exactly what I have. I also maintained a 4.0 (30 credits) in first year. He has many chances to transfer anywhere he wants. The GPA is a gold mine. I'm in a state college and I intend on applying to FSU (although it's 120% I will be accepted). The fact that he's also in an honor's program is great too for the application. The Tier 4 school may hurt a bit, but nothing serious. I think he will be accepted to his first or second choice school if he met the major's prerequisites.





Good luck!|||I suggest he apply to a variety of schools. Tier 1 schools are notoriously hard to get into as a freshman. They are even harder to get into as a transfer student.

No comments:

Post a Comment