Thursday, December 15, 2011

Genital Herpes?? Please help!?

I have HSV and I get cold sores around my mouth occasionally during times of stress,etc. Just recently, I had two simultaneous outbreaks. I am afraid I might have transferred it to my genital region, although I am meticulous about washing my hands in hot soapy water and not touching any sores. I have occasional itching, with some raised red bumps. When I get a cold sore I notice itching and tingling followed by clear fluid filled blisters. These blisters then burst and then soon crust over with a yellow/green crust until they heal. I have not noticed these stages with the bumps in my genital region. I noticed the first bump near my vaginal opening, and it was somewhat painful and looked like a lesion; however, I never noticed stages(I kept watching it). Now, I have itching in a certain area just inside my labia, with red raised bumps. They are so small that I cannot tell if they are fluid filled or not. It itches, but no pain is present. The past few days I have noticed a change in my vaginal discharge. I have noticed somewhat of an odor, and the discharge appears to be much thicker and whiter (yellowish sometimes), and there seems to be more of it. I have NOT noticed pain inside my vaginal canal. I have had a yeast infection before, in which case I had itching and rawness all over my vulva and inside my vagina (these symptoms are not the same). I have had the same partner for 3 years. We do not have intercourse, and he does not have HSV to his knowledge (i.e., no breakouts). What could be the culprit of these symptoms? Does genital herpes cause this type of discharge?|||Just because your boyfriend has never had an outbreak does not mean he does not have genital herpes. Many people have it for decades with no symptoms but can still transmit to others. HSV is generally not part of an STD screen unless you specifically ask for it. It is very unlikely that you transferred it to yourself genitally. The only way for you to tell for sure if you have HSV1 genitally is to have a lesion swabbed and typed. You can have a blood test done to see if you have HSV1 or HSV2 but it will not tell you the location. Since you have cold sores you more than likely have HSV1 orally. You should wait at least 12 weeks since the time you think you may have contracted it for a blood test. There would be no sense in having your blood tested for HSV1. If you decide to test for HSV2 the Western Blot is the most accurate test.|||It could be an infection or just a normal discharge. I recommend visiting the site in the source for more info.

No comments:

Post a Comment