Monday, December 12, 2011

Anybody else here grow up and realize your values didn't match your region?

My values do match the metro area where I grew up and now live (South Florida), but the political values of the state of Florida and PARTICULARLY the broader South nauseate me. I've also lived in the Midwest (Illinois) and Northeast (Pennsylvania). I accepted a job transfer to New York City for next April and never intend to live in the South again. I'm no longer willing to live in a region where most people think that evolution is a total myth and that you can "pray away" homosexuality.





Anybody else here grow up and come to realize that their own political/social values were strongly misaligned with the prevalent values in their region and/or state?|||Yeah, I live in the reddest part of California, completely surrounded by uneducated rednecks, and I'm a liberal atheist. It totally rules.|||Not myself personally.


I've met people who go to NY/SF Bay Area and find the transfer to be the best thing that has happened to them. That's not to say they don't like their hometown, they just like the urban environment.|||I'm grew up catholic and nothing about me reflects the seething hypocrisy of the catholic church.





I'm a hard nosed liberal and ironically my values reflect Christian ideals more than most conservatives I've met.|||Values have nothing to do with the state you live in but only about the character the person holds true.





If your values change when you relocate, they were not values to begin with.|||Yes, I live in Boston. The racism here in Boston and the idea of many in Mass that government oppression is good for the people is far different than my beliefs.|||Yes, I live in Nebraska where they must have transported lawmakers directly out of the stone age....|||Yes. I grew up in Texas and realized I completely disagree with the conservative herd mentality.|||I can live anywhere and get along with everybody unless they are smug little snots|||No and it seems you have no place anywhere.


Misery will always follow itself

No comments:

Post a Comment