Monday, December 12, 2011

AT&T Wont let me transfer number?

Me and my wife went on the same cell phone plan with AT%26amp;T and both got iPhones. She has her old phone with her normal number on it and we planned to transfer that number to my plan. Her old phone is Verizon. AT%26amp;T gave her a temp number for the iPhone. When her plan ran up we went to AT%26amp;T to try and transfer her old number but they told us we couldn't because mine is a Philadelphia number and hers is considered New York. They said either I or her would have to change our number so there both in the same region. This isn't really an option for either of us, is there anything else we can do? Shes stuck with 2 phones now at the moment. Stupidest thing to me as either of us can change our number do it to being used for work.|||That's bull for them to say that. Cell phone portability laws require that you should be able to take your number with you wherever you go. when you switch carriers you are allowed to keep the same phone numbers regardless of region. i am on my grandfather's plan with Sprint, and i have an indiana number while he has a california number. they are probably just saying this so they dont have to do as much work. keep arguing with them, ask to talk to supervisors- i KNOW for a FACT that what they said is untrue.



i understand they are telling you you cant have two phone numbers from different regions on one plan- But what im saying is that I do- my number is 812 (indiana) while my grandfathers phone is 626 (california) so they are different regions and we are on a shared plan. I dont know why at%26amp;t doesnt want to do this but Sprint did it for us with no problems. In fact at one point there were two more people on our account, and they had another different area code, so we had three different area codes on our account at one time.

No comments:

Post a Comment