Monday, December 12, 2011

Teaching English to children(rural regions) around the world?

I wish to help children (in rural areas, where many may not get the chance to learn) around the world, teaching them English, through the use of my skills in art and music. This may sound ridiculous to some people, but it is my dream...





To be honest, I do not know the qualifications, requirements, fit for this career.





I've just started off my second semester at a state university, yet I may have to transfer to a community college, due to financial situations.





If anyone could give me any information/advice, it would be of much help. Thanks!|||The basic qualifications are a degree in almost any subject and a TEFL (Teaching English as a Foreign Language) certificate. You can get this online or at a local school.





After that it's just a matter of deciding where you want to work and going there! Which country are you interested in? You may be able to find work there online but if you're talking about rural areas then you may have to be in country to find work in smaller schools which wouldn't necessarily advertise on the internet.





Of course you could look at volunteering. Forget many volunteer organizations who just ask for money and place you anywhere and try something like the Peace Corps who are more reliable.|||Fulbright English Teaching Assistantships do this, but they are quite competitive. You may want to look into it though.

No comments:

Post a Comment